Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
Girls and Videogames by IreneMartini Girls and Videogames by IreneMartini
One of the reasons why I'm not playing many videogames lately...

EDIT: THIS IS MY ORIGINAL WORK, IF YOU SEE THIS ON OTHER SITES WITHOUT LINKING ME BACK, PROBABLY THEY STOLE IT OR SIMPLY FORGOT TO CREDIT ME, SO PLEASE IF YOU CAN LINK MY PAGE TO THEM AND ASK FOR THE CREDITS. LET'S TEACH PEOPLE TO RESPECT THE ARTIST'S WORK. NOT ONLY FOR ME BUT FOR EVERY ARTIST.

:facebook: Visit me on Facebook --> www.facebook.com/pages/Eleyon-…
Instagram --> www.instagram.com/irenemartini…

:thumb358360059: :thumb354260212: :thumb356401007:
Add a Comment:
 
:iconaloccin:
aloccin Featured By Owner Jul 24, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
Hot tip: stop playing korean MMOs
Reply
:iconalydabookworm:
AlydaBookworm Featured By Owner May 5, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Guys get to look tough while girls get to look ridiculous and prance around in chain mail undies.. Annoying, but when people point it out in satire like this it's pretty hilarious. xD
Reply
:iconcalistrobe:
CALISTROBE Featured By Owner Apr 8, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
> Be the average gamer

> Signed up and downloaded MMO RPG

> Game loads up and clicks start

> Enters character creation

> " What should I be? "

> Two choices

> [ SUPER ULTRA-TESTOSTERONE FILLED BADASS MALE ]   OR   [ SUPER SEXY-SKIMPY ARMOR WEARING FEMALE ]

> Clicks on Female

> Plays game until finding skimpy armor

> Views their character in a skimpy outfit

> Unzips pants
Reply
:iconsonic-jinx:
sonic-jinx Featured By Owner Edited Apr 7, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
You must be playing some shit games then, probably mmo.
There has been a distinct lack of sexualization in a lot of games I've played lately.
Alter your perception rather than picking things to pieces just because it ruffled your feathers.
This kind of thing makes video games look bad as a whole. While I will not deny that some do that, not all do, and you are the one choosing to focus on it.
The game could be awesome, but you got bitchy over how the women look. Here is the fact, you didn't make it. If you don't like how it looks, don't buy it and play it. Period.
Reply
:iconrockmedved:
RockMedved Featured By Owner Apr 7, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, this is preposterous. I mean, seriously, who the hell draws little hearts on their cheekbones?! 
Reply
:icongureruchan:
Gureruchan Featured By Owner Apr 7, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
oh gosh >< my problem for all the life
Reply
:iconehsol-namu:
Ehsol-namu Featured By Owner Apr 7, 2017  Hobbyist
These games are mostly targeted at males so it can't be helped that there's SOME sexualization of females, and I'm not a video game player so I don't encounter things like this much, but I can't help but roll my eyes when I see commercials with girls wearing something skimpy, especially something like a bikini to a battle with the stomach completely exposed. Are you kidding me?! They'll die or get some bad injuries even if they're skilled fighters with that kind of outfit/armor! 
Reply
:iconcarbonian:
Carbonian Featured By Owner Apr 7, 2017  Professional General Artist
Ohh how many times I seen this on different gag sites and social media :D. I always ended up in big debates with SJW retards who demand major changes in video game industry. Like "real woman" and bikini armor entirely removed from existing games and future games.
Nobody is kidding you. They are expecting you to leave if you don't like it :D.
Reply
:iconluspear-soram:
Luspear-Soram Featured By Owner Apr 6, 2017  Hobbyist Artist
This is good satire. I have had awkward experiences while playing World of Warcraft. it is where I have a female paladin and a female death knight. According to the mechanics they are very strong, tough and impressive fighters. However the armor can be trickly. Due to the classes, these characters get to wear the plate armor, which is very hard, heavy and protective. Most of the time the armor looks fine. However sometimes I get the armor that look like looks like a metal bikini. It is awkward. That is not something I would like to have. At least paladins are my favorite class. They are very fun, and they work very well.
Reply
:iconkkl4261:
kkl4261 Featured By Owner Apr 6, 2017
Actually I don't mind sexualized characters but as a female, I would like to see sexualized male characters as well. XD
Reply
:iconfred1009:
fred1009 Featured By Owner Apr 6, 2017
While I sympathize with your view, when you consider the gender and makeup of the typical gamer, it ain't likely to happen. How to you sexualize a male figure? Conan the barbarian didn't wear a lot of clothing in most artwork depicting him.    
Reply
:iconehsol-namu:
Ehsol-namu Featured By Owner Apr 7, 2017  Hobbyist
Loin cloths like Tarzan
Reply
:iconthegr8mrfish:
thegr8mrfish Featured By Owner Apr 6, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Haven't seen this joke before.
Reply
:iconaxconoll:
Axconoll Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
I hate that crap too. Most games these days have learned from that oversexualized garbage from back in the day and are now doing better... until they go too far and do what Bioware did recently... >.< There's a far left and right side of this argument. On one side they are so over sexualized that it is ridiculous and annoying. Then on the other side the video game developers uglify every female in the game so that you don't have to worry about sexual female characters at all to the point that you kinda avoid them altogether... >.< It hurts. 
Reply
:icontranex2:
Tranex2 Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
The truth has been spoken! Lol!
Reply
:iconstefentheking:
stefentheking Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Writer
That's why I like Skyrim. I cant even tell what gender the fully armored bad guys are until I strip all the stuff off to sell. 
Reply
:icondroid24747:
Droid24747 Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
I love this. I fell exactly the same way with games nowadays.
Reply
:iconmattilald:
Mattilald Featured By Owner Apr 6, 2017
Exactly the same? Are you playing only Korean and Japanese games? Becouse that's almost exclusively their shtick.
Reply
:icondevilishkitty21:
Devilishkitty21 Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'd actually choose the girl. Not because I myself am a girl, but because I just like to see sexy girls fight for me.
Reply
:iconpoecileatricapillus:
PoecileAtricapillus Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you heard of Fire emblem series?
Reply
:iconxx-strangeness-xx:
xX-Strangeness-Xx Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
this is why i choose to be the male avatar on most games XD
Reply
:iconxxlyrathecatxx:
XxLyraTheCatxX Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
Story of my life! XD
Reply
:iconscentrus:
Scentrus Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah.. depending on what game you play and who made it, you'll most likely find this kinda crap.. That's why I rather enjoy the Elder Scrolls Online, doesn't matter what class you choose, you'll be wearing un-attractive, un-revealing, worn out rags until you either loot or buy some hefty armor that'll protect you from like.. paper cuts until you level up and get stronger. And even then the 'revealing' armor isn't super easy to get half the time, so they make you WORK for that sex appeal! And the best part? All the scantly clad chicks you come across in-game, will be DUDES 90% of the time.
Reply
:iconmattilald:
Mattilald Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
for some reason this has appeared under new stuff for me. If this was band new, I'd tell you to go vote with your valet - by now there is enough choice to do so. Back in early 2010's not so much.
Reply
:iconlegioner8:
Legioner8 Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
Also her armor probalbly has the higher stats.
Reply
:iconleomassafm:
LeoMassaFM Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
Videogame logic... Don't question it.
Reply
:icontokyoflower:
Tokyoflower Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Level 1: Has armor. Level 100: Practically no armor. GENIUS. [Icon] Genius! 
Reply
:iconkraytas:
Kraytas Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
lol exactly!!
Reply
:icontokyoflower:
Tokyoflower Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I found out that it was yours. Sorry, my bad.
Reply
:iconsunnydean:
Sunnydean Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
She clearly haven't played Monster hunter. And to the guys who have, we all know about bone and kirin armor for guys...
Reply
:icontokyoflower:
Tokyoflower Featured By Owner Edited Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Cool.
Reply
:iconbasicbeyond:
basicbeyond Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
dont they have like customization options for what your character looks like? 
Reply
:iconkraytas:
Kraytas Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
nope
Reply
:iconbasicbeyond:
basicbeyond Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
the rpgs I've played do. 
Reply
:iconpanmarlon:
PanMarlon Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
Sexy no Jitsu! 
Reply
:iconxxsuicidekittenxx:
XxSuicideKittenxX Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't see what the big deal is. I'm a female and I love playing the sexy versions. The chick is JUST AS BADASS & ONLY NEEDS 1/4 THE ARMOR! I imagine I'd be statregicly throwing the armored parts of my body toward oncoming blows - having less armer would allow me to move swifter.

Plus it's fantasy! I wanna be a skimpy hot girl~ On the odd day maybe even a crazy buff shirtless or fancy armored man. Regular looking people are boring when it comes to heros. No one expects real people to look like that or actually battled demons/dragons/evil....
Reply
:iconhemkernator:
hemkernator Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
Oh thank god another girl agrees with me XD I mean sometimes the sexy versions are kind of ridiculous, but I mean who cares? It's a game!
Reply
:iconsaintlypants:
SaintlyPants Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
What game specifically? Because most games with costumes like this also have more practical styles to pick from.
Reply
:iconinfinite9:
infinite9 Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
For the record, I have seen male characters appear to get sexualized in that there were and still are plenty of implementations of bare chested muscular male characters. I will say it would be better if there was more realism for armor in that later versions of plate armor was suppose to deflect blows instead of showing figure and that goes for both male and female armors.

Also, I will say there were never any complaints about muscular "barbarian-looking" characters in popular media like He-Man and Conan the Barbarian in terms of sexualizing men or creating unrealistic standards for the male body.
Reply
:iconpartyendermanxd:
PartyEndermanXD Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
Seriosly, no joke, I played a game and it was almost exactly like this. I, of course, pick the girl because I'm a girl myself... but if this was irl that girl would be dead before anything interesting happens.
Reply
:iconmvlk:
Mvlk Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
lel same, it kinda puts me off 
Reply
:iconrunewuff:
runewuff Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
and then there are the times the SAME armor magically transforms like this...
Reply
:iconemberphyte:
Emberphyte Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
I honestly hate that, too. It's not even a reasonable or friendly design, it's oversexualized, it's distracting or gross, and to top it off, it shows the perversion of the devs. Come on, devs, there's enough armor in the games for the girls.

In my opinion, the women design in games should NOT be scanty, but, like the men, should be varied, so that way everyone can have fair fashion.

Seriously, it's like it's some hidden rule or something...
Reply
:iconknightyumi:
KnightYumi Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2017   Digital Artist
That's why I'm playing with male characters
Reply
:iconsaltishere:
SaltIsHere Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2017  Student Artist
lol
Reply
:iconjohndiscordia:
JohnDiscordia Featured By Owner Edited Apr 4, 2017
I feel like this is more Prevalent in MMO's than anything, and I won't deny its an issue. But at least there are good games where the Females don't look ah... sexualized.
Same kind of issue with male, though. What with him being depicted as a big burly super serious guy who likely doesn't ever smile. I kinda prefer my character to NOT look like he lifts five hundred and more... like me I suppose.
I agree that Hyper-Sexualization can be an issue in games, and I will agree also that most of the better games do not have boobs for boobies sakes. However, I find it ironic for myself personally that my personal favorite Female Video game character is Bayonetta from the Bayonetta games (which are bloody fantastic I'll say). I think the reason this is is because one: she's a badass nonetheless who suplexes dragons and kicks fighter jets into the air, and two: she does something outside the norm and embraces that sexuality into her character. I find this to be a positive thing because.... well.... think of all the super badass female leads who ARE overly sexualized at some point, but are generally super grim and serious and stuff like that. And on the opposite side, characters who are just eye candy are generally just boring as characters and serve little purpose. Bayonetta though has the confidence, prestige, and class to kick some serious angelic and demonic ass.

Regardless, I do see your point in the comic, and it got a loud chuckle from me. ^^ Earned a Watcher even.
Reply
Hidden by Commenter
:iconjohndiscordia:
JohnDiscordia Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
An issue in VIDEO GAMES. Not a worldwide problem that is obviously negatively affecting millions around the world. I was referring to the video game industry in general. I apologize if you misinterpreted it that way. 
Reply
:iconwhuh:
whuh Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2017
and you're just following masteres apparently. what the fuck does "Jobs, children, education, cancer, terrorism...." have to do with video games? absolutely fucking nothing. again with the virtue signaling. "look guys, i'm aware of these issues, let me tell you that i'm aware of these issues and attempt to shoehorn them into every conversation that i ever have!!" can't you tell you're an annoying fuck and no one wants you here?
Reply
Hidden by Commenter
Add a Comment:
 
×





Details

Submitted on
February 20, 2013
Image Size
658 KB
Resolution
900×1019
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
396,353 (8 today)
Favourites
5,647 (who?)
Comments
2,051
Downloads
408

Camera Data

Make
EPSON
Model
Perfection 2480/2580
Software
Adobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh

License

Creative Commons License
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
×